Sunday, July 26, 2009

Production Art for Poseidon

Poseidon was one of my last big film projects in visual effects at ILM. I detailed out the low resolution model that we received from Wolfgang Peterson's art department, before giving it to ILM modelers. As well, I produced a series of photoshop concepts to help guide the look and feel of the big impact scene, when the rogue wave side swipes the cruise ship. I was never very happy with the final CG shots as it lacked the drama that I think these concepts evoked. I did have a good time working on the project though. Kim Liberi is a very technical visual effects supervisor who was also responsible for the Matrix movies at ESC. I enjoyed learning what i can from him on the right way to do things BEFORE consciously ignoring much of it and "eyeing it" just to piss Kim off;)

 

 

 

 



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment